for ERASMUS/exchange students
International applicants participating in ERASMUS programme or other bilateral exchange programmes gain admission to the Hochschule der Bildenden Künste (HBKsaar) Saar through the International Office.
Students from our partner institutions are admitted as non-degree students for a limited study period (one or two semesters). They are allowed to register for classes and to earn course credit points under the same conditions as regular students.
- Winter semester: June 30th
- Summer semester: December 31st
ERASMUS students must be officially nominated by their home university.
Your application includes the following documents:
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Portfolio (it should be a collection of the most recent works. It helps the school to evaluate the achievements and determine the academic level of the applicants. It can be a booklet (not larger than A4), a CD or a DVD).
Please note that we require exchange students to be full time students. Full time studies equal 30 credit points per semester.
- Profile of HBKsaar
- Studying at HBKsaar
- International applicants
- Erasmus Incomings
- Academic calendar and deadlines
- Admission and nomination
- Accommodation in Saarbrücken
- Language courses
Study Path and Application
- Communication design
- Fine arts
- Media art & design
- Product design
- Teacher training in art education
- Master study programmes