Enrolment of exchange students takes place at the International Office. You must enroll at the beginning of your first semester. The exact deadline for enrolment is given on the letter of acceptance. To enroll, you must come to the International Office in person and present the following documents:

  • proof of health insurance (or certificate of exemption)
  • proof of payment of the Semesterticket
  • 1 passport-sized photo



Every student at HBKsaar is required to pay a fee of 94, 00 € for the Semesterticket.  The Semesterticket is also your ID card (Studierendenausweis). It is a valid transport ticket for the Saarland public transport (bus and train) for the entire semester.


Further, you have to pay a fee of 1, 30 € for the accident insurance, theft and public liability insurance which covers you for the entire semester.


Total amount:            95, 30 €

Recipient:                    AStA der Hochschule der Bildenden Künste Saar

Bank:                           Sparkasse Saarbrücken

Account number:         14191

Bank sorting code:       59050101                  

Transaction use:          “Incoming Student”, Family Name, First name

Supplementary bank account information for transfers made from outside Germany:

IBAN: DE 7559 050101 00000 14191


The semester ticket is personal and not transferable. When you use it, you must take a photo ID along to prove your identity in case of a ticket inspection.



Health insurance is compulsory for all students of HBKsaar.

Holders of a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) present the card to the International Office.

Students who cannot obtain an EHIC in their home country can get a German Student Health Insurance.  The ERASMUS office can provide you with more information after your arrival.

Students who are covered by a private insurance in their home country should ensure that their coverage is sufficient for Germany. A written proof of coverage is necessary for enrolment at the HBKsaar. In case of doubt, students must present their proof of health insurance to a German insurance company which will then issue the students a certificate of exemption.