- Communication design
- Fine arts
- Media art & design
- Product design
- Teacher training in art education
- Master study programmes
- Application guide undergraduate degree programmes
- Application guide consecutive and non-consecutive master's programmes
- SIM application portal
Tel: 0681/92652 - 115
Fax: 0681/92652 - 112
All international applicants are most welcome to apply at HBKsaar.
The application and selection process is practically the same for international applicants as it for German applicants. There are however some additional documents to be submitted :
- Preliminary review documentation via uni-assist (VPD)
International applicants with foreign educational credentials must first apply online via the service agency for international students uni-ASSIST in order to receive the necessary VPD (Preliminary Review Documentation). In order to meet the university application deadlines, you should apply for your VPD at least 6 weeks before this deadline.
After you have received your VPD documentation from uni-Assist, you need to apply directly at htw saar and submit the VPD from uni-assist, together with your application documents before the application deadline.
- Proof of adequate German proficiency in German:
Goethe Institut Certificate B2
DSH 2 or 3 (German language proficiency test)
Deutsches Sprachdiplom der KMK (DSD 2)
- Applicants from China are requested to have their academic transcripts verified by the academic examinations office at the cultural affairs department at the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Peking (APS) /www.aps.org.cn
HOW AND WHEN TO APPLY
Application for Master's degree programs for the summer semester 2023
The online portal for applications for consecutive and non-consecutive Master's degree programs for the summer semester 2023 will be open from 01 November 2022 to 30 November 2022.
Applications for Bachelor’s /Diploma’s and Master’s degree programs for the winter semester 2023/24
The online portal for the winter semester 2023/24 is expected to open with the publication of the homework (practical work sample for the Communication and Product Design programs) in spring 2023, the exact date will be announced.
Application deadline for Bachelor, Diploma and Master programs for the winter semester is 31 May each year.